Waiting On Wednesday: The Thousand Names by Django Wexler

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday: The Thousand Names by Django Wexler

Each Wednesday, Jill from Breaking The Spine helps us share, discover and cheer about books that we can't wait to read. And if you can't recognize the cover snippet above, the book I am waiting on this Wednesday is...


Book Cover: The Thousand Names by Django Wexler

The Thousand Names (The Shadow Campaigns #1) by Django Wexler
Genre: Epic Fantasy
Publication Date: July 2, 2013
Publisher: Roc Books (imprint of Penguin)
GoodreadsAmazonOfficial Website

Summary (from author's website):

Enter an epic fantasy world that echoes with the thunder of muskets and the clang of steel — but where the real battle is against a subtle and sinister magic…

Captain Marcus d’Ivoire, commander of one of the Vordanai empire’s colonial garrisons, was resigned to serving out his days in a sleepy, remote outpost. But that was before a rebellion upended his life. And once the powder-smoke settled, he was left in charge of a demoralized force clinging tenuously to a small fortress at the edge of the desert.

To flee from her past, Winter Ihernglass masqueraded as a man and enlisted as a ranker in the Vordanai Colonials, hoping only to avoid notice. But when chance sees her promoted to command, she must win the hearts of her men, and lead them into battle against impossible odds.

But the fates of both of these soldiers, and all the men they lead, depend on the newly arrived Colonel Janus bet Vhalnich, who has been sent by the ailing king to restore order. His military genius seems to know no bounds, and under his command, Marcus and Winter can feel the tide turning.

But their allegiance will be tested as they begin to suspect that the enigmatic Janus’s ambitions extend beyond the battlefield and into the realm of the supernatural — a realm with the power to ignite a meteoric rise, reshape the known world, and change the lives of everyone in its path.


Why Am I Waiting On 'The Thousand Names' by Django Wexler?

  1. The cover! It screams action and excitement and a lot of epic battles.
  2. We have a heroine disguised as a man and enlisting into an army. Mulan anyone? I know it's probably not going to be anything like it, but girls disguised as men are one of my favorite plot elements.
  3. Based on the cover, I would say it's middle-eastern theme, but the names give me French/German vibe and UK cover says WTF. I am really interested to see/read what will setting and world building turn out to be.
  4. And last but not least: you can never have enough of epic fantasy. ;)

So, those are my reasons why I am waiting on The Thousand Names. What are yours? ;) Did you hear about The Thousand Names before? Will you read it? What are you waiting for?

Feel free to leave links in comments.

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. What an awesome pick!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE the cover :D I hadn't heard of it before, but now I want want want it hahahah :D

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you like it and it's always better if you have company in waiting line. ;) I hope it is as good as it sounds.

      Delete
  2. Holy CRAP, how did I miss this? It sounds AWESOME!!! I'm adding it to my pile, and it will be a future wow, for me! Fantastic choice! Thanks!
    *New Follower*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, I love to help people discover new books.
      And thanks for following, wow meme is good because it helps you discover people with similar tastes. I followed you back. ;)

      Delete
  3. To start with I totally agree with your 4 points! I mean the cover is enough by itself but then its fantasy! I can't wait to see what you think of it :)
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I will definitely read it, although since publication date is in July, my reading (and reviewing) won't happen soon. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh my. That cover is just awesome looking. It definitely is eye catching and sounds amazing.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, although I read ebooks, I still like them to have nice covers. I don't know why, since I won't be admiring them on my shelves. :D

      Delete
  5. No, I haven't heard about it, but sounds like my type of book (and with my type of cover), so thank you so much for sharing it :) One more for my wishlist!!! And I agree with all the reasons you can't wait for it, the same goes for me :)

    Also, since you love heroines disguised as heroes, have you read Alison Goodman's Eon/Eona duology? If you haven't, you should! It's YA fantasy, but absolutely amazing, definitely one of my favs, so I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, waiting is easier when you know you are not alone. :)

      No I did not read Eon/Eona although I heard great things about it, I have it on my Kindle. I think I will try to read them on my summer vacation, when I will make a break from blogging. The sea and beach... can't wait for July. :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds very cool - I need to check this one out myself.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh this looks SO good! I saw this somewhere else and forgot to put it on my Goodreads list-- thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover is awesome. I haven't read many epic fantasies but I'm slowly getting into them and trying more. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I am always glad to hear epic fantasy got another reader. :)

      Delete
  9. Great choice, I will definitely read this when it comes out : )

    my WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks you. and this book is literally fantastic. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images