Top Ten Hilarious Book Titles

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Top Ten Hilarious Book Titles
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Today's topic is Top Ten Tuesday REWIND, in other words we can any past topic we want. Since I started my blog not so long ago, there is a lot of great topics that I missed so I had no trouble finding something fun to write about.

So, relax and giggle with me while we chat about some hilarious book titles:



1. Fifty Shades of Chicken by F. L. Fowler

Ok the title is maybe not so funny, but the book summary is hilarious:
If Fifty Shades of Grey left you hungry and lusting for more (more, more!), then sink your teeth into this naughty tale of a young, free-range, and very fresh chicken who finds herself at the mercy of a dominating man; in this case, a kinky and very ravenous chef. These fifty chicken recipes, each more seductive than the last, will make every dinner a turn-on.



2. I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats by Francesco Marciuliano

For all cat lovers out there, is there a better way to enjoy in cuteness of your cat-friends, than with book of poems where cats "explain their odd behavior to ignorant humans"? Poems have titles like: Who Is That on Your Lap?, This Is My Chair, Kneel Before Me, Some of My Best Friends Are Dogs, etc.
If I decide to start reading poetry, this is the first on my tbr. :)


3. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams

Funny and quirky titles are just the tip of the iceberg when this popular series by Douglas Adams is in question. I can without any doubt claim that this is one of the funniest science fiction novels you will ever read.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
- The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
- Life, the Universe and Everything



4. All books in Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series by Louise Rennison

I haven't read any of these books, but I watched a movie based on first part of the series and it was hilarious. Some of the books in this series are:
- Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging
- On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God
- Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas
- Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants
- Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?

When It's A Jar by Tom Holt
[image source]

5. When It's A Jar by Tom Holt

After Doughnut, Tom Holt's next book has with even more thought-provoking title: When It's A Jar. I don't know why I find title to this book so funny, but I always laugh whenever I see it. :)


6. The Penis Name Book: A Guide to Naming Man's Best Friend by David Rosenthal, Saryn Chorney

Yes, something like this actually exists and obviously it took two writers to do it, after all it's hard coming up with flattering pet-names for "his baby-maker".
Boy, oh, boy, it's a difficult decision when it comes to naming a guy's manhood. Does one go respectable with Peter O'Toole? Or hip with the Big Lebowski? Or choose one with a little more flavor, like Charleston Chew? With so many possibilities, it could really drive a person nuts! Lucky for those looking to nail down the perfect name for their (partner's) favorite body part, there's this book. 



7. I Saw Zombies Eating Santa Claus by S.G. Browne

No comment.


8. John Dies at the End by David Wong

The most spoiler-ish book title ever. :) I actually read this book last year and it turned out to be gross, bizarre and not so funny, but the title is still one of my favorites.

And for last...

9, 10, etc. Paranormal romance novels about vampires


Vampire romance motivational humor
[image source]
I simply could not limit myself to one and when I started collecting them, there were so many - they could take over this whole list. So here are just some that caught my eye:
- Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs
- Bite Me If You Can
- The Bite Before Christmas
- How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire
- All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire
- Eat Prey Love
- Be Still My Vampire Heart
- The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo
- I Only Have Fangs for You
- Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang
- Much Ado About Vampires
- Your Coffin or Mine?
- Fanged & Fabulous
- The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires
- Tall, Dark & Fangsome
- etc.

Well that's it from me. I hope I made you laugh at least once. :) Do you know some more funny book titles? Which topic did you pick today?

Share your thoughts and links to your lists in comments! :)

You Might Also Like

27 comments

  1. This was a fun topic! I like the John Dies at the End one. It makes me not want to read it because it's spoilery, but it also makes me want to read it to find out if he really dies haha My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna spoil it for you: he really dies. LOL :D
      But since story is narrated by David Wong (yeah writer and main character have the same name) and John is secondary character, I think it's not such a big spoiler. :)

      Delete
  2. That is an awesome topic! Great choice.I haven't read it but I do love the name Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging.

    New Follower and here is mine http://foreverdream21.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only watched the movie but "Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging" was funny and if you like ya contemporary or English humor I recommend it. :)

      Delete
  3. I saw Fifty Shades of Chicken in the Target yesterday and laughed out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's hilarious. :D Did you see the book trailer for Fifty Shades of Chicken? Yummy! And I am not referring to the chicken. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh all variations of Fifty Shades name are so hilarious! This one is my fave too. I haven't seen many of these but really how people get some crazy idea? I love the idea for this week's post. Great picks Dragana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love it when they play with already familiar title/name. You gotta be grateful for crazy ideas, or else more than the half of the books we love would not exist. ;)

      Delete
  5. the penis name book?!?!?! Hahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I have been slowly reading bits of I Could Pee on This while my friend (who works at a bookstore) has to help customers or something when I stop by during her shift. They have copies sitting at the counter and it is soooooo funny! I think I might have to buy it soon >.>

    Anya @ On Starships and Dragonwings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw some excerpts on the web, and as you said I could buy it only for the cute pics of cats. And as a ex cat owner I can relate to a lot of them. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, I'm dying over here! The cat lover in me is squeeing over a book of poems and that summary for 50 Shades of Chicken really makes me want to pick up a copy of the book to see if they reference 50 Shades throughout the recipes somehow haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read an excerpt of 50 Shades of Chicken at Amazon and they do have little 'tales' before each recipe that are parodies of 50 Shades series.
      "First of all, I don't make dinner. I cook hard." :D

      Delete
  8. Hahahaha hilarious titles :) I knew only about half of these, so thanks for sharing :)

    My TTT - I did a part 2 of Books I recommend the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I may do this again when we have a freebie topic. This was fun. :D

      Delete
  9. What a great idea! So many cat books have great titles, all fully showing the feline disdain for humans and their possessions.

    I am super amused by When It's a Jar, though mostly by your amusement, if that makes any sense.

    THE PENIS NAME BOOK. WTF.

    I have one title for you: Cooking with Pooh. In case you're not rolling on the floor, say it out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love cats for their arrogance. Somehow, when they give you long suffering looks while you cuddle them shows how much they love you. And I love all cat related humor. :)

      LOL I'm here to amuse you *bows*

      Exactly! I had to sneak a peek at Amazon preview and they go on and on about nicknames. Half a page of discussion why some name is good/flattering/whatever. I just don't get it. I gotta ask my husband for a male perspective. I think I will get long suffering look lol

      :DDDDDDDDD Thanks! I love entertaining cookbook names. I got a friend cookbook called "Bite me" for a New Year. Every person on the party had to take a picture biting it. I felt sorry for the poor book.

      Delete
    2. Yup, my cat gives me those looks ALL the time, which I have to assume means he loves me bunches.

      Penis names always make me think of Forever by Judy Blume. He'd named his penis "Ralph" and I just can't. I'm pretty sure a guy having a name for his penis would be a dealbreaker for me.

      Hahaha, that's a weird name for a cookbook, but sounds like it turned out a great present, whether they cooked with it or not. :-p

      Delete
    3. Of course he does, he just likes to play hard to get. ;)

      Haven't read that book. I haven't met a man who had a nickname for his penis. And I agree definitely it does not sound like a good relationship material. Girls don't give names to their boobs. Although, now I remembered I read UF series Charley Davidson and she did give pet-names to her boobs - and her ovaries too. LOL

      I don't think they cooked anything from that cookbook, they like traditional food from our region and are not much for experimentations in the kitchen. I knew it will only be a gag-gift.

      Delete
  10. Great topic! I always wish things were as witty as they think they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we gotta thank them for trying. They make us laugh, although maybe not for the reasons they intended. :)

      Delete
  11. The Georgia Nicholson titles are funny but the book themselves are great. I definitely agree with you on "I Could Pee On This." As for "The Penis Name Book," I have to agree, but also add that seeing a man with that book would be a breaking point in any relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well funny title does not mean that the book will be bad. I might give Georgia Nicholson series a try, I liked the movie based on book #1 very much.
      Penis Name Book is definitely a deal-breaker.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images