Book Review: Faking It by Cora Carmack

Thursday, June 06, 2013

Book Cover: Faking It by Cora Carmack

Faking It

#2 in Losing It series

by Cora Carmack


Age: Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Format: Ebook, 352 pages
Published On: June 4, 2013
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Source: Edelweiss

Read an Excerpt

GoodreadsShelfariLibraryThing
AmazonBarnes & NobleBook Depository

First Sentence: You would think I'd be used to it by now.

If you have read Losing It, you definitely remember Cade, Bliss' friend. Cade just can't move on - he's still in love with his best friend although she picked Garrick. With diploma in his pocket and college friends scattered across the country, Cade will make you remember that time in your life when you were looking for a first job and trying to make ends meet. Independence can be sweet and bitter at the same time.

When Cade gets an offer to act as a pretend boyfriend from a fiery redhead the last thing he expects is that he will start questioning are safe choices the best one in love...

Quote Cade from Faking It by Cora Carmack

Fake girlfriend/wife is one of the most overused plots in romance novels. But Cora Carmack still managed to make it original - this time the girl is doing the 'hiring'. And Max (called Mackenzie by annoying relatives) is not just any girl: fiery red hair, tattoos, piercings, in a band, does not do serious relationships... Max took over the role that is usually reserved for bad boy heroes. But with her sexy vintage style and complex emotions (which we will get to know since half of the chapters are narrated by her), Max is very feminine.

Max has problems of her own: getting financial independence, fighting to work the job you love, not submitting your look and style to the norm or to the parents expectations.... Max picked Cade as her fake boyfriend because with his good boy charm he represents perfectly what her parents like, but she never imagined that there will be immediate attraction between them or that she will like his kisses so much...

Quote Max from Faking It by Cora Carmack

Losing It is so far best contemporary romance novel I have read in 2013, so Cora Carmack had a lot of to deliver in sequel/companion novel Faking It. At first I was surprised because Faking It is much more serious in tone than Losing It, mostly due to the fact there is no Bliss to stumble around and get into awkward situations. But soon the things that I loved about Cora Carmack's writing kept popping out: wide range of emotions and realistic characters. In the end I can not say I am disappointed and I will definitely read her next novel when it is published.

If you like reading about problems new adult encounter when they embark to conquer the world like: finding the job, getting financial independence, dealing with people's expectations, then you will definitely enjoy reading Faking It. And it's all spiced up with cute love story about bad girl and perfect boy who may be faking more than just their relationship...

My Rating: 3.5 out of 5

All Books in Losing It series

Book Cover: Losing It by Cora Carmack Book Cover: Faking It by Cora Carmack
  1. Losing It - Read my review
  2. Faking It
  3. Finding It - Expected pub. date: September 26th, 2013

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Cora Carmack's romance novels are so much fun. Squeeeee. I don't know why I love them so much. My biggest complaint is how similar the titles are. I kept writing the wrong one in my review. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are fun and light, perfect read for summer (or any time of year lol). That happened to me to!!! I kept messing up the name of the book, she really should have gone with something more original. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I actually posted with the wrong title in one of my sentences and Jenni corrected me. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. i would like to read such an interesting novels.http://www.unn.edu.ng

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope you get a chance to read some interesting novel soon.
      Thanks for a visit Celestine. :)

      Delete
  3. I consumed this on release day, but my review won't publish until July 20th. It's in the scheduler...LOL I totally agree with your thoughts and loved both Max and Cade! Carmack rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I always write review the day that it needs to be posted. So if I skipped some day it means either I haven't finished reading a book or I was too lazy. But, as I said, I bow down to your awesome organisational skills. I hope it rubs off on me a little bit. xD
      I'm glad to hear we both enjoyed Faking it. Carmack is definitely one of talented new romance authors. :)

      Delete
  4. Okay, I totally need to get my hands on the first book. I've heard nothing but positive things for this series, so it's hard to admit that I'm not interested. I love how Cora puts a spin on the fake girlfriend plot line, and Max sounds like a great character, tattoos and all. Glad you enjoyed this overall; those quotes were swoon-worthy, for sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cora manages to take a usual romance plot and make it unusual. In Losing It we had older virgin heroine and now it's fake boyfriend. And both love stories are swoon-worthy. :)
      I hope you enjoy it as much as I did if you read it. :)

      Delete
  5. The best contemporary romance in 2013 you have read? I am sold. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read around 15 contemporary romances (checked on Goodreads) and definitely Losing it was most realistic, funny, sweet and romantic. At least for me. :)

      Delete
  6. I am actually interested to see a more serious side of the author. Even though the plot is so overused this sounds like a really great read. I really liked Losing It, I hope I like this one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plot is overused only at first glance, but as soon as you start reading there are a lot of original twists to the story. I hope you like this one too. :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images