Waiting On Wednesday: A Clockwork Heart by Liesel Schwarz

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday Clockwork Heart by Liesel Schwarz

Each Wednesday, Jill from Breaking The Spine helps us share, discover and cheer about books that we can't wait to read. And if you can't recognize the cover snippet above, the book I am waiting on this Wednesday is...


Book Cover Clockwork Heart by Liesel Schwarz

A Clockwork Heart (The Chronicles of Light and Shadow #2) by Liesel Schwarz
Genre: New Adult, Historical Fantasy, Steampunk
Publication Date: August 13, 2013
Publisher: Del Rey
GoodreadsAmazonCheck out UK Cover

Summary (from publisher's website):

FOR BETTER OR CURSE. That might as well have been the wedding vow of Elle Chance and her new husband, the ex-Warlock Hugh Marsh in the second book of this edgy new series that transforms elements of urban fantasy, historical adventure, and paranormal romance into storytelling magic.

As Elle devotes herself to her duties as the Oracle—who alone has the power to keep the dark designs of Shadow at bay—Marsh finds himself missing the excitement of his former life as a Warlock. So when Commissioner Willoughby of the London Metropolitan police seeks his help in solving a magical mystery, Marsh is only too happy to oblige. But in doing so, Marsh loses his heart . . . literally.

In place of the flesh-and-blood organ is a clockwork device—a device that makes Marsh a kind of zombie. Nor is he the only one. A plague of clockwork zombies is afflicting London, sowing panic and whispers of revolution. Now Elle must join forces with her husband’s old friend, the Nightwalker Loisa Beladodia, to track down Marsh’s heart and restore it to his chest before time runs out.


Why Am I Waiting On A Clockwork Heart by Liesel Schwarz?

I read and loved A Conspiracy of Alchemists but as always I am easily distracted with shiny new books and totally forgot about the sequel until I saw review copies available on NetGalley and Edelweiss. Of course, I exclaimed "Gimme gimme gimme!". I hope they approve my request soon!

So why I am looking forward to A Clockwork Heart?

  1. Kick-ass heroine
  2. True steampunk novel with a lot of interesting steam or magically powered machines
  3. Did I mention that I liked A Conspiracy of Alchemists, the first book in this series? You can read my full review here.

So, those are my reasons why I am waiting on A Clockwork Heart. What are yours? ;) Did you hear about A Clockwork Heart before? Will you read it? Have you read it or maybe you have read A Conspiracy of Alchemists? What are you waiting for?

Feel free to leave links in comments.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. As usual, amazing choice. I saw the cover this week and I was like *want*. I have the fist book, I'm hoping to read it soon (I know I'm forever saying this, but I will, I swears it) :p

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this series has such amazing covers. I hope you enjoy this series as much as I, it's a nice book to relax when you want a nice mix of steampunk, travel and action.

      Delete
  2. I love steampunk. I haven't heard of this series so I'll add it to my wish list. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like steampunk, you are going to love this series. It has a lot of awesome machines.

      Delete
  3. Great pick! I still haven't read the 1st book, hopefully I'll read it soon, 'cause I love steampunk :) so, I'm glad you loved it :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you need something fun and easy, this series is a great choice. I hope you like it. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks, it's always good to hear I'm not the only one waiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not generally a fan of young/new adult fiction, but this one catches my eye . . . might be a series worth checking out.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I labeled it as 'new adult' because of heroine's age, but this book can be freely read as adults too, I didn't see any difference between this one and other adult uf or steampunk novels.

      Delete
  6. I still need to read the first book in this series - I own a copy but haven't gotten a chance to dive in yet!! So happy you enjoyed it so much, makes me even more excited :D Great pick, thanks for sharing!!


    New follower via RSS (Feedly) GFC, G+ & Bloglovin' ♥
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it too when you have the time to read it.
      Thanks for stopping by and following. :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images