Waiting on: Zenn Scarlett by Christian Schoon

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday: Zenn Scarlett by Christian Schoon
Hosted by Breaking The Spine

Fresh and original young adult science fiction coming in May from Strange Chemistry.


Book Cover: Zenn Scarlett by Christian Schoon

Zenn Scarlett by Christian Schoon
Genres: Science Fiction, Young Adult
Publication Date: May 7, 2013
GoodreadsAmazonPublisher's Website

Summary:

"Zenn Scarlett is a bright and occasionally a-little-too-smart-for-her-own-good 17-year-old girl training hard to become an exoveterinarian. She specializes in the treatment of exotic alien life forms, mostly large and generally dangerous. Her novice year of training at the Ciscan Cloister Exovet Clinic on Mars was going well - until there are a series of inexplicable animal escapes from the school that Zenn finds herself blamed for. As if this isn't enough to be dealing with, her father vanishes under strange circumstances, and Zenn is worried that she has started hearing the thoughts of the creatures around her...

With the help of Liam, a towner boy, and Hamish, an alien bug also training at the clinic, Zenn must try to find her father, rescue the animals and unravel the mystery of who is behind the attacks on the school. And all without failing her first year."


Why Am I Waiting On 'Zenn Scarlett' by Christian Schoon?

I have dual feelings about cover for Zenn Scarlett. I am loving the red sky and the stars - it's obvious that it' set at Mars and I like the girl and her pose. But background and silhouette are not blended enough, black is popping-out too much. Still, not bad for a sci-fi novel cover. I have seen much worse.

The cover is not the reason I am eagerly waiting for this book, it's the original and exciting idea behind the novel:

  1. Zenn Scarlett is set in human colony on Mars, one of my favorite science fiction settings.
  2. Zenn Scarlett is an exoveterinarian (veterinarian for exotic alien spieces). And you know what that means - a lot of interesting creepy crawlies (at least I hope so).
  3. One of the main characters is Hamish, an alien bug. I just gotta find out how Christian Schoon is going to pull that off. :)

Let's Talk:

So, that are my reasons why I am waiting on Zenn Scarlett. What are yours? ;)

Did you hear about Zenn Scarlett before? Will you read it?

What are you waiting for? Feel free to leave links in comments.

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Oh I really like the cover of this book. It's new for me and I certainly haven't read the story placed on Mars! :) I can't wait to see what you think of this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for either ARC on NetGalley to be available or publication date. We'll see... :)

      Delete
  2. i love that cover--the sky and the colors they used is just beautiful! it sounds really good too. great pick :)

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this looks interesting. I love sci-fi and also, that cover is absolutely stunning. Nice pick!

    My WoW: http://dragongirl28.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-deception.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pick!

    Thanks for stopping by mine:

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-34.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Looks just like my kind of book! I love Science Fiction!

    WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I am always glad when people discover new books in my wow. I hope you will like it!

      Delete
  6. I saw the cover for this one in my email, and the summary. I love Strange Chemistry! They have some really incredible stuff, and this sounds no different. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zenn Scarlet is definitely on my radar for May! I'm really looking forward to it!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Bree :)
    Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, y'all. And thanks for the cover-affection. Yes, the art-elves at Strange Chemistry & the "Argh! Oxford" design wizards hit the mark on Zenn's cover, IMVHO. And, yeah, there WILL be some interesting life forms you'll wanna catch a glimpse of come May 7. (May 2 for you UK types...). I mean, who ISN'T gonna want to know how a teen exovet conducts a therapeutic eye-wash on an 80-foot Mu Arae whalehound?? Hint: it's not quite as routine as All Creatures Great & Small (not that I don't love that series...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! Haven't seen that Rancher 77 nom-de-web for a long time... sorry, that last post is me: Christian. Will have to get that updated.

      Delete
    2. Yes I think that knowing how to do "therapeutic eye-wash on an 80-foot Mu Arae whalehound" is definitely a survival skill. :D
      Thanks for stopping by Christian. :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images