Top Five Best Bookish Memories

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Am I repeating myself if I say that this was another tough list to make? The problem is, I am from small south-eastern European country, so my favorite authors never visit, there are no big book fairs in my town, no book signings, blogger conventions or anything similar, new book releases are late by a year (time until publishers translate them etc.), so I could not think about a lot of life-changing events related to books that happened to me. Except learning to read of course. :D (And I wrote how that happened in the beginning of my review of Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm: A New English Version by Philip Pullman.)

But here is my attempt to assemble a couple of my favorite bookish memories:

  • The best bookish memories I have and moments I remember are of course about - Reading a Book. Not any book in particular, I love books and I enjoyed reading most of them. No matter if they were life-changing, had heart-breaking drama or breath-stealing adventures, hot-sizzling romance or just ordinary non-spectacular fluff read, I am always glued to the pages until the end.
  • Funny baby reading book fast
    [image source]

  • Visiting a Library or a Bookstore. It's like a visit to a magical land. I mostly read ebooks now, but I still must enter every bookstore I pass by or at least stop to ogle the books in window display if I am in a hurry.
  • Library ordinary people view and bookworm view
    [image source]

  • Buying an eReader. Yay! No more waiting until I could return the books to the library and borrow new ones or waiting until ordered books are deliver. Now when I buy the book, it's on my Kindle instantly and I can start reading it right away and it's much easier to multitask - I can now cook or wait in lines and read. I could do this with ordinary books too of course, but paperbacks are much heavier to hold and my hand would get tired quickly. So, thanks to eReader inventors for giving me more opportunities and time to read!
  • Kindle funny
    [image source]

  • Discovering Goodreads. This was definitely life-changing event for me. One place where I could keep record of all the books I read. And easily check info about any book I am interested in. After I started using Goodreads it never happened to me again to start reading the book and remember I already read it or to read a book and discover it was part 2 or 3 in series. Thank you Goodreads, I love you!
  • Goodreads home page screenshot
    [image source]

  • Receiving a Package With Book in the Mail. I am putting this on the bottom of the list because my postman is always giving me an evil eye when he delivers them and always makes me feel so bad - like I am the worst person on the world. You would think I am torturing him to deliver me piles of books not one book every couple of months. :/
  • Delivering packages oveload
    [image source]

Let's Talk:

Well that's it from me. What are your favorite bookish memories? Do we share the same ones?

Share your thoughts and links to your lists in comments! :)

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Haha getting a book package made my, even shorter, list too! I'm stuck in the same position as you where we don't have the big book festivals and stuff either. I should have put Goodreads on mine haha. Although thanks to Goodreads it now means my to read list is waaaay bigger than it ever was, and I actually remember what books are on that list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's the 'bad' side of using Goodreads - tbr that increases exponentially with time :D

      Delete
  2. Discovering Goodreads is a great one! Didn't think of that. I love your picks about how other people see libraries vs. how you see them! Awesome! :D
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say - libraries are my weakness. That's the reason why Adam aka Beast is my favorite prince. He had HUGE library. :)

      Delete
  3. How on earth could I forget that awesome moment when the postman brings you the package!! :) I think I have eyes like the characters in the book! :) You know jumping from my head!! :D Goodreads is an awesome place ;) Great picks :) Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes receiving package with a book is such a great moment. When I recover from postman's death stare I usually dance around the room. :)

      Delete
  4. I love that library picture! I see the library the exact same way, which is why it's my favorite place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I am always glad to meet another library lover. :)

      Delete
  5. I completely agree that the best bookish memories are READING A BOOK. I think I forgot that in my post. Just being swept away to a reality completely different than your own, if only for a little while. That's bookish love :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I love these! I am completely with you on how libraries really are ;-) And getting books in the mail! I hide from my postman and my mailbox is big enough for most book packages, so I don't have to worry about that part :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you, I live in a building and all apartments have same default sized mailboxes (I think there is even a law about the size, so we can't change it for bigger one). But lucky you. :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images