Waiting on: Pantomime by Laura Lam

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: Pantomime
by Laura Lam
Hosted by Breaking The Spine

Circus of Magic... remnants of a mysterious civilisation long gone... Iphigenia... uncomfortable in corsets and crinoline... Micah... joins the circus as an aerialist’s apprentice... But Iphigenia and Micah have balancing acts of their own to perform...



Book: Pantomime by Laura Lam

Pantomime by Laura Lam


Expected Publication Date: February 5, 2013 by Strange Chemistry

GoodreadsAmazon

Summary:

R. H. Ragona’s Circus of Magic is the greatest circus of Ellada. Nestled among the glowing blue Penglass—remnants of a mysterious civilisation long gone—are wonders beyond the wildest imagination. It’s a place where anything seems possible, where if you close your eyes you can believe that the magic and knowledge of the vanished Chimaera is still there. It’s a place where anyone can hide.


Iphigenia Laurus, or Gene, the daughter of a noble family, is uncomfortable in corsets and crinoline, and prefers climbing trees to debutante balls. Micah Grey, a runaway living on the streets, joins the circus as an aerialist’s apprentice and soon becomes the circus’s rising star.


But Gene and Micah have balancing acts of their own to perform, and a secret in their blood that could unlock the mysteries of Ellada.



Why Am I Waiting On This Book:

If you are following my book haul lists, then you really have good reasons to ask this question. It's been a month since I got ARC of Pantomime by Laura Lam at NetGalley. So why didn't I read it yet?

The culprit is 2013 Debut Author Challenge. Since Pantomime is Laura Lam's debut novel, I am going to read this book next year... So I am not waiting for a book to be published but waiting for a new year to start....



Let's Talk:

Do you like premise for Pantomime by Laura Lam?


What are you waiting for?

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. what a great WoW, the book seems interesting and the books cover is lovely.

    Check out my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. One of my favorite books last year was "The Night Circus," so anything to do with a magic circus is going to end up on my TBR list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still did not read Night Circus. I've gotta add it to mu must-read-in-2013 list. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my WoW! I've seen this around and I love the premise and cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't generally read a lot of YA fiction, but I like what Strange Chemistry has been putting our. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this one around a good bit. Not sure if I'll end up reading it or not.

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gahh this one is on my debut challenge list! I always love books that have to do with magic, so I'll be sure to check this one out! Thanks for stopping by! :D

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah! Yes, I am also waiting for January so I can read this one! It's going to be amazing, I can tell :D

    Thanks for stopping by,
    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh, pretty cover :D I hope you will love this book when it comes out. <3 :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Circus of Magic! I'm so in :) I haven't seen this book before but now for sure it goes on my to-read list :) Thanks for sharing it :)

    Here is our WOW

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images