New Books for 24. Nov. - 30. Nov.

Saturday, December 01, 2012

In my Mailbox And Stacking The Shelves
IMM is hosted by The Story Siren & STS is hosted by Tynga's Reviews

Yes I am participating in two memes/features with this one post (sneaky I know). :) But both have basically the same point - list all the books that you bought, borrowed or received from various sources.

I added my special little twist. You, my readers, have a special power: you can push one book to the top of my reading pile. ;)



Your Recommendations From Comments:

If you have visited my blog before, you have probably noticed that at the end I ask what should I read first from new pile of books.

Ginormous pile of books from two weeks ago had a lot of comments. But most people voted/mentioned/were interested in Incarnation by Emma Cornwall, so I pushed this book up my tbr and reviewed it last week.

I hope it helps you to decide if you would like to read the book. :)

As for last book pile: the book that got most mentions/votes is Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes. Keep an eye open, review will be posted soon. ;)

Thank you all for participating.



New Books:

Sneak by Evan Angler
Publication Date: September 4, 2012
Source: NetGalley

This is the second book in Swipe series by Evan Angler. Genre is best described as a young adult post-apocaliptic dystopian. It got a lot of great reviews from my friends so I am very excited that I have an opportunity to read it.
Book Cover: The Watcher by Lisa Voisin
The Watcher by Lisa Voisin
Publication Date: March 4, 2013
Source: Inkspell Publishing

I don't know about you, but one of my favorite creatures in books are angels. The Watcher by Lisa Voisin is about "a past life of forbidden love, jealousy and revenge that tore an angel from Heaven and sent her to an early grave." Will Mia in her new reincarnation achieve happiness in love or will the old enemies win again?
Quest for the Scorpion's Jewel by Amy Green
Publication Date: July 2011
Source: NetGalley

"The Amarias Adventures are centered around Jesse, a young teenage boy who lives with his aunt and uncle in the world of Amarias." This Middle Grade fantasy sounds like fun. Jesse with a couple of friends goes on a quest to find the scorpion jewel. I am imagining something like Indiana Jones for this books atmosphere, but I may be wrong...
Indigo Awakening by Jordan Dane
Publication Date: December 18, 2012
Source: NetGalley

This book has an intriguing plot: "A fanatical church secretly hunts psychic kids—gifted “Indigo” teens feared to be the next evolution of mankind—for reasons only “the Believers” know." I love the cover. *watches blue swirly thingies*
Agatha H and the Airship City by Phil & Kaja Foglio
Publication Date: August 2, 2011
Source: Giveaway by NightShade Books

NightShade Books had another great giveaway for Thanksgiving. What's great about their giveaways? It's that everybody wins. :D This ebook and two more were the prizes, but since I already owned others I downloaded just this one. This steampunk alternate history fantasy seems like it will be fun. :)
The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
Publication Date: October 10, 2012
Source: Bought

Brandon Sanderson is currently my auto-buy author. I read and loved Elantris and I can't wait to read another novel set in the same world.

Let's Talk:

What do you think I should read first?
If you haven't heard about any of these books before, then which one would you like to learn more about, in other words which one would you like me to review first?

Did you already read something from this pile?
What did you get this week?

Let me know in comments...

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. I haven't read any of these, so can't really offer an opinion, but your post made me remember that I forgot to include The Watcher! I also received that one this week; hopefully I will have better luck with it than I do with most other angel books!

    My StS Post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't remember read any interesting books about angels this year too. I was eagerly waiting for: Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1) by Gena Showalter but it was nothing special... :/
      Which angel books did you read?

      Delete
  2. I have Incarnation but not read it yet and I don't know any of this week's choices so can't help. I hope you like them all though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swipe and Sneak sound great! I'm looking forward to reading Indigo Awakening soon myself! Enjoy!
    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all sound very interesting. I think I am going to read 'Indigo Awakening' next. That blue cover just tempts me too much. :D

      Delete
  4. You have some good looking books here!

    I am a new follower (:

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Emperor's Soul was a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a little bit late with buying, most of my friends and Sanderson fans already read it, but better late then never. :D

      Delete
  6. Never heard of any of these books, but I like their look. I vote you start on Sneak :)

    Happy reading!

    My books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alternate history is SUCH a cool concept! I hope you enjoy all of the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love reading books with that type of plots. What was your favorite? :)

      Delete
  8. I am excited about Indigo too, sounds interesting and I love conspiracy stories. :) I also hear good things about Sneak, that's why I requested it. Hope I will manage to read both of them soon too.
    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haul. Im gonna have to check some of these out. Feel free to check out My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower. You have some interesting books in your haul this week. Some of them are brand new to me. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover of The Emperor's Soul! I haven't heard of the author before, but will definitely be checking it out.

    Here's my IMM at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post :D The books does look awesome ;) Pretty covers. <3 Thank you for sharing sweetie :D You should read The Emperor's Soul ;p cause I like that cover (A) lol :D
    Thank you for commenting on my Top Ten. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images