Waiting on: A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent by Marie Brennan

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Waiting on: A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent by Marie Brennan
Hosted by Breaking The Spine

DRAGONS! Enough said.



Book: A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent by Marie Brennan

A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent by Marie Brennan


Expected Publication Date: February 5, 2013 by Tor Books

GoodreadsAmazon

Summary:

You, dear reader, continue at your own risk. It is not for the faint of heart—no more so than the study of dragons itself. But such study offers rewards beyond compare: to stand in a dragon’s presence, even for the briefest of moments—even at the risk of one’s life—is a delight that, once experienced, can never be forgotten...


All the world, from Scirland to the farthest reaches of Eriga, know Isabella, Lady Trent, to be the world’s preeminent dragon naturalist. She is the remarkable woman who brought the study of dragons out of the misty shadows of myth and misunderstanding into the clear light of modern science. But before she became the illustrious figure we know today, there was a bookish young woman whose passion for learning, natural history, and, yes, dragons defied the stifling conventions of her day.

Here at last, in her own words, is the true story of a pioneering spirit who risked her reputation, her prospects, and her fragile flesh and bone to satisfy her scientific curiosity; of how she sought true love and happiness despite her lamentable eccentricities; and of her thrilling expedition to the perilous mountains of Vystrana, where she made the first of many historic discoveries that would change the world forever.


Marie Brennan introduces an enchanting new world in A Natural History of Dragons.



Why Am I Waiting On This Book:

Dragons! My absolutely favorite mythical creature ever since Anne McCaffrey in her The Dragonriders of Pern series made me dream to ride one someday.


A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent by Marie Brennan is written as a Victorian style biography/study. These type of books are hit and miss with me (depends from case to case) but I am willing to risk it. Because of dragons of course. :)

Paperback edition of book is going to have some awesome illustrations by Todd Lockwood, the same artist who did a book cover picture. If you like the cover for A Natural History of Dragons at Tor website you can find this picture in various sizes so you can use it as desktop wallpaper: Today in Beautiful Things: Todd Lockwood’s Gorgeous Anatomical Study of a Dragon.



Let's Talk:

Do you like premise for A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent by Marie Brennan? Which is you favorite fantastical/mythical creature?


What are you waiting for? Feel free to leave the link in comments.

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. This does look interesting, and Marie Brennan is a fabulous author. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not read anything by Marie Brennan before, but if this turns out good, I will definitely check out her other books. :)

      Delete
  2. Woha...this sounds so good! :) I haven't read a lot book about dragons but I'd love to :) Can't wait to see what you think of it :) Great pick :)

    Here is our WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you love ya, I recommend you start with something lighter like Seraphina. ;)

      Delete
  3. I also love dragons. Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely adding this to my TBR list.

    Thanks!

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that I helped you discover this book. I hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  4. yes! dragons! gimme! this looks great and is definatly going on my TBR list.

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've come across this one very recently and immediately added it to my wishlist, I'd love to read it myself! Sounds like a great book :D

    Hope you get it soon :)
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I got ARC from NetGalley so I will probably read it soon, although review will be posted on publication date.

      Delete
  6. I've seen this around and I admit it has me intrigued. I think it's a book I'd pick up just because of the fact it is about Dragons. Which of course rule and I want one.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dragons are enough recommendation to me too. :D

      Delete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my WoW! I love the cover and the description, great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kind of passed this one by the first time I saw the cover, but having read the blurb, I'm thinking it may be worth a read.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree cover could be more eye catching. Maybe that pale background?

      Delete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm also glad that you love retellings. They definitely have the potential to be incredible.

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, every book can be incredible of curse, but I love retelling because I adore to read how authors twisted some familiar story into something new...

      Delete
  10. never heard of that, but sure hope you enjoy it when you get it. Has an interesting cover, :)
    I also am a new follower

    WOW For Apollyon with teasers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I hope I will enjoy it too. :) Thanks for following and stopping by! :)

      Delete
  11. This sounds really good. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not familiar with this yet the premise sounds very... ambiguous. But interesting! I hope it exceeds your expectations, Dragana. :) Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh, pretty cover :) Seems like a great book :D I hope you will love it. <3 I do adore dragons ;p Hih. Thank you for sharing :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images