Top Ten Authors I'm Thankful For

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week a new topic is chosen and book bloggers all around the world make a list of their top ten choices.

In Europe there is no Thanksgiving as Holiday, but we can still be thankful for great authors. :)

  1. Brandon Sanderson because his Mistborn series made me say WOW so many times. I am even thinking about reading 11 chunksters in Wheel of Time series, just because he wrote book #12.
  2. J. R. R. Tolkien because Lord Of The Rings is the first fantasy series I read. You know what they say - you never forget your first love... ;)
  3. Arthur C. Clarke author, inventor and futurist. I love that his science fiction novels are based on actual science projects or studies.
  4. Stephen King because I am a glutton for punishment. LOL Although I am scared most of the times, I can't stop reading his novels and always come back for more. It took me 4 years and 6 tries until I managed to read It until the end.
  5. Douglas Adams because he gave me the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. And I'm gonna spoil the book for you and tell you what it is: 42.
  6. Top Authors I'm Thankful For
  7. George R. R. Martin because he is driving me crazy waiting for the next book in his fantasy epic A Song of Ice and Fire.
  8. J. K. Rowling because she made fantasy fans out of everybody. I don't know anyone who read/watched Harry Potter and didn't like it.
  9. Neil Gaiman because each of his books is original and beautiful. You never know which setting and fantasy sub-genre to expect from him.
  10. Anne McCaffrey because her Dragonriders of Pern gave me enough dragon themed books for at least a couple of years of reading. And I have a weak spot for dragons. :)
  11. Martha Wells is my new discovery this year. I am thankful that she has such vivid imagination. Her The Books of the Raksura series has the most extraordinary world I ever encountered.
  12. Top Authors I'm Thankful For
I'm so sad that some of the writers from my list are dead and I hope that the rest will live long and happy life. And write many many many more books of course. :)

What books or authors are you thankful for?

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Anne McCaffrey! YES!!! If that series never ended I'd be happy. She's brilliant.

    I love how your author pictures are set up! I'm new to your blog, but I'm going to have a look around. I love a good clean blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woha you've got an amazing list over there. I love some of those writers but right now I'm more into YA lit so one day I'll go back to these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my TTT. Love JRR Tolkien and George R R Martin too. Great list.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to start reading some of these but I look forward to them :)

    Thanks for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE Neil Gaiman!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephen King & J.K Rowling are names I see a lot today. I'm happy :) Neil Gaiman also writes fantastic books.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I devoured Anne McCaffrey books in my teens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW love how you did this post with the pictures. I completely agree with what you said about JK Rowling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 0o0o such a great list! I love all these authors. Martha Wells is a recent discovery of mine too :-)

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic list! I love that you included Brandon Sanderson in the mix, he's definitely one of my favourites from this new batch of fantasy authors that have emerged in the past two decades.

    lol, we've been waiting forever it seems with GRRM's next book x_x

    Am ridiculously late in getting back to comments but thanks for dropping by my TTT last week! Hope you had a lovely weekend =)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images