Challenge Yourself: Read 2012 Nebula Award Finalists

Friday, March 08, 2013

Challenge Yourself: Read 2012 Nebula Award Finalists

When I discovered challenges I soon became addicted. I hunted them down like Elmer Fudd Bugs Bunny. I had to join them all. But lately I noticed that challenges started to rule my reading - instead to pick books that I like I find myself more and more reading the books that fit the challenge instead.

So to bring back FUN back into challenges I will try to implement this idea I have going around my head for a while now. I will invent a challenge for me, the one where the goal is to read the books I am interested in. And to make it more offical, I will keep the record here.

The first in 'Challenge Yourself' series will be for me to read and review all finalists for 2012 Nebula Award. I will not make a limit in date, but I will try to read them before the winner is announced (that's May 16th). Maybe even try to guess who will win - that would be fun. :)

Book Title Author My Rating
Throne of the Crescent Moon Saladin Ahmed 2.5
The Killing Moon N.K. Jemisin 4
Ironskin Tina Connolly /
The Drowning Girl Caitlín R. Kiernan /
Glamour in Glass Mary Robinette Kowal /
2312 Kim Stanley Robinson /

Book Title is link that leads either to my review or Goodreads (if I didn't read that book yet).


Wish me luck and feel free to join me if you want. :)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I've only read two of these, but they were both great: Ironskin and The Killing Moon, though I liked the sequel to the latter even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes The Killing Moon was great. I didn't read the sequel, but I own it so I may as well read it now too. I'm glad to hear Ironskin is good, I hope the rest of them will be interesting too. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm always so slow getting around to reading finalists in book prizes (Nebula, Man Booker, Women's Prize, etc.) but I try, lol. This year's finalists for the Nebula are fantastic, I hope to read The Killing Moon and Throne of the Crescent Moon some time in the near future. I only got around to Kowal's Shades of Milk and Honey a few weeks ago (loved it!) so hopefully I'll get around to that title soon enough xD

    Hope you enjoy those titles! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also slow, sometimes so much time pases that I forget completely. So I made it official on my blog to keep me motivated. LOL
      Yeah, I read & loved 'Shades of Milk and Honey' - I hope the sequel is good too. :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images