• Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Hoard Grows: Week #43 in 2012

The Hoard Grows is where I show off whatever new treasure joined my collection this week — bought, borrowed, gifted, or won. Credit where it's due: this meme was inspired by 'In My Mailbox,' created by The Story Siren, and 'Stacking the Shelves,' hosted by Tynga's Reviews — thank you both for the inspiration!

This week's haul came entirely from NetGalley approvals and a few Kindle freebies — eight review copies and three freebies. Everything just sounded so good I couldn't say no. Now I have a new problem: I have no idea where to start.

Offered by Allies

  • UnEarthed by Rebecca Bloomer — NetGalley — The story of a Mars colonization and a young girl fighting for her freedom — it gripped me from just the short summary.
  • A Coming of Age by Timothy Zahn — NetGalley — Again, a YA sci-fi about humans on a new planet, but this time with superpowers.
  • Future Games by Orson Scott Card, Cory Doctorow, Louise Marley, George R. R. Martin, John Shirley, Howard Waldrop & Scott Westerfeld — NetGalley — Some heavy, famous names in this anthology — intriguing, and I can't wait.
  • Moscow But Dreaming by Ekaterina Sedia — NetGalley — The title alone sounds dreamy (no pun intended), plus the author is Russian-born and draws on Slavic folklore.
  • Inkarna by Nerine Dorman — NetGalley — An ancient Egyptian cult, reincarnation, a great plot.
  • Pathfinder Tales: Blood of the City by Robin D. Laws — NetGalley — I hope this doesn't need to be read in order, since it's book 10 in the Pathfinder series — but it sounded like classic fantasy adventure, and I couldn't resist.
  • Pathfinder Tales: Queen of Thorns by Dave Gross — NetGalley — And this is the next one in the Pathfinder series, book 11 — so at least I have those two.
  • The Worker Prince by Bryan Thomas Schmidt — NetGalley — The tagline in the first sentence was so catchy, plus — a prince as the MC? Who can resist that?

Kindle Freebies

I'm officially out of control at this point — but in my defense, none of this cost me a dime, so my bank account is unbothered. Now I just need to figure out where to start with this pile.

What do you think I should read first? Have you already read anything from this pile? What did you get this week?

20 comments

  1. I haven't heard of any of these books but they sound really good! :D anddd Welcome to the book blogging world, I love meeting new book lovers! Great haul, have fun reading them. :D

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard about any of them either before, but I was in avanturistic mood last week. :)
      Thanks on a warm welcome. :)

      Delete
  2. New follower! Word and Breath looks really good. I saw that on someone else's page today! You got a lot of good stuff this week!

    Check out my IMM & SP.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so many books there! I read Word and Breath pretty recently, and it is a really good book. It is pretty original and the story is intriguing. Plus it has a really sweet romance. Thanks for stopping by my IMM.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Word and Breath just got to the top of the tbr list in this pile. I am missing some sweet romance in the last couple of books I read.
      Thanks for the rec Teresa. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my IMM! I've seen Unearthed around and your Kindle Freebies look good too! New follower =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those definitely have the best covers. :D
      Thanks for visiting and following Heather. :)

      Delete
  5. you mentioned I got different books than everyone else. so did you. I only knew of Word and Breath because I am supposed to review it soon. ;) thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my taste in books sure seems different than everyone elses. I checked 30 links in IMM list before I gave up and no-one didn't have any of the books I got. LOL
      I plan to review Word and Breath too, but you will probably get to it sooner than me. :)

      Delete
  6. Looks like you got tons of great books this week! Good luck reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment on my IMM. Yeah, I've started reading God Save the Queen but I'm on the fence atm. Just not sure if it's for me. But your books look great too. I've seen Word and Breath before and it looks great.

    Ayana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that, I really enjoyed that book. :/
      Thanks for stopping by Ayana! :)

      Delete
  8. I have not read any of these books.. but they do look awesome :D Hope you'll have fun reading them all ;) Enjoy :)
    Thank you for commenting on my mailbox. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, nobody have seen most of these books before. Well when I review them, maybe somebody will read them too (if they are good).
      Thanks for stopping by Carina. :)

      Delete
  9. Wow, that's a really big pile of new books :) I haven't read any of these but Timothy Zahn is a really good writer ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    /Nickey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Places Timothy Zahn at the top of the TBR pile*

      Thank you for the recommendation and for stopping by Nickey. :)

      Delete
  10. Oooh That's a great haul! I've not read any of those nor have a I heard of several so I'm glad you posted them! Hmm... I don't know which you should read first! That's a tough decision!

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM/STS!

    I'll go in and list those freebies I got - well, okay, not all of them, but maybe the top 5 or so I got :) haha

    ~Kayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kayla, I was interested to take at least a peak at your freebies list. :)

      Delete