Waiting On: The Winds Of Winter

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday is weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine. The point is to spotlight one upcoming release that we're eagerly anticipating...

I think I would not be much of a fantasy fan if my first answer would not be:

Title: The Winds of Winter
Authors: George R. R. Martin
Series: A Song of Ice and Fire #6
Genres: Fantasy
Publication Date: ???
There is no official cover image, book description or publication date known yet.

I was a fan of A Song of Ice and Fire series from the start. I bought all the paperback as they were published in my country. And then it happened. The famous 6 years long wait until A Dance with Dragons was published.
And now it happens again... The fans are waiting for the next book...

There are a lot of predictions when the next book will be published. Most of them are pesimistic. I do not like to rant or complain so I will join these cute fellows in a song:



And here are some funnies related to the subject:

Foxtrot Winds Of Winter
Comic by FoxTrot.

Virtual Shackles - Winds Of Winter
Comic by Virtual Shackles.

Winds Of Winter - When It Is Finished

Are you eagerly waiting for winds of winter to blow or have you abandoned all hope?
Do you know some other joke/pic related to this book?
What are you waiting for?

Leave your thoughts and links in comments. :)

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Woah, this seems like a very interesting read!

    Here's my WoW.

    I'm following you now!

    -Sarika.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will be... Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. I still need to start this series! Love the show but the books intimidate me!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read it, it's even better than the HBO show. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. Can you believe I've never read a George Martin? Everyone seems to love his books so I guess I should change that. Great pick and thanks for stopping by The Readers Den. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like fantasy, especially epic fantasy, you should definitely give them a try. :)

      Delete
  4. No problem. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm another one who has never read any of the books though I have watched the show. It is bad I know, especially because I love fantasy books, someday I might get around to reading them. Maybe by then Winds of Winter will actually be out! Thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier and commenting, I do appreciate it! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey maybe it's better tactic. Read it all when he finishes the series instead of waiting 5-6 years until the next book. :D

      Delete
  6. Waiting. Impatiently waiting!!! But I haven't read #5 yet - I HAVE it, but I can't bring myself to read it because I don't think I'll survive the wait!!

    Thanks for sharing! I love the comics :D I wonder what the TV series will do when it catches up (it's going frighteningly fast isn't it?).

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe better not read it, it ends in HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE cliffhangers for all main characters stories.

      I did not read the comics. And I think that they will slow down the series, I heard that they are filming two seasons based on book 3, then it will be probably 3 seasons based on book 4... :D

      Thanks for stopping by Shaheen. :)

      Delete
  7. Hubby has watched the TV version of this series, I still haven't picked a book up. I can see from the tv series that there is a lot of ALL sorts going on in the story, lol! So I can only imagine the detail the books are written in. Wonderful WOW!!

    Michelle

    Thanks for dropping by mine:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well nudity ans sex are not so prominent in books, but dirt, blood, sweat and crude language are. And yes So if that is not your thing, better skip it, because you are not going to enjoy it.
      Thank you Michelle for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  8. Great pick! I really need to read a book by George R. Martin soon! Definitely going to check this one out more. Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like adult fantasy, then it is worth checking out.
      Thanks for stopping by Traci. :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images