In My Mailbox #3

Sunday, October 28, 2012

In My Mailbox is weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. The point is to list the books that you either purchased or received for review during last week.

Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm by Philip Pullman
Publication Date: November 8, 2012
Source: NetGalley

Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales was one of my favorite book as a child. I had to read it, when I saw that the retelling is by one of my all-time-favorite authors Philip Pullman. (I adore 'His Dark Materials' series.)
(Amazon | Goodreads)

Pilgrim of the Sky by Natania Barron
Publication Date: December 10, 2011
Source: NetGalley

Never heard about Natania Barron before, but the cover attracted me. The summary sounds interesting, especially this part: "Just when Maddie Angler thinks she's over the death of her longtime boyfriend, Alvin, she discovers that he's not only alive, but he may just be part god."
(Amazon | Goodreads)

Lichgates by S. M. Boyce
Publication Date: October 15, 2011
Source: NetGalley

This YA Fantasy sounds very good. Magical Grimoire gives young girl incredible powers and teleports her to "Ourea: a beautiful world full of terrifying things that want the Grimoire's secrets".
( Amazon | Goodreads )


Only three books this week. Am I sick? No. :D Just scared when I look at the list of books already pending for review, so I hesitate before downloading. Actually most of these are old requests from previous week that only now got approved. Yes, I was very very good. I hope my 'good behavior' continues, I need to clear up my to-read list.

What do you think I should read first?
Did you already read something from this pile?
What did you get this week?

Also new design for IMM page! The info is arranged differently and also I added my comments for each book, because it seems that my picks are unknown to most of my visitors.
What do you think?
Is this better or you like the previous one more?

Let me know in comments...

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Ah, when I look at my review pile, I feel like dying. But that doesn't stop the books from coming! I hope you enjoy your books this week :)

    Stop by my IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually it does not stop me, I don't know what happened to me this week. alien switch? LOL
      Thanks for stopping by Hafsah. :)

      Delete
  2. The Grimm Brothers...ooo...very Halloween-y. Good stuff.

    Check out my IMM & SP.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that book is my favorite on the pile. :)
      Thanks for stopping by Sandy.

      Delete
  3. Oh My God, a Pullman retelling of the Grimm's fairytales?!?! *runs to NetGalley* I forgot to add the NetGalley books I got, but I'll be busy with the other books I got! Hop on over if you have the time:
    My Mailbox
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was very excited when I spotted that book. :)
      Thanks for stopping by Juli.

      Delete
  4. You've got some great sounding picks, though I've only heard of one of the three. Pullman's interpretation of the Grimms should be an interesting read. Hope you enjoy all three books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, I'm stuck with a boring book right now. :/
      Thanks for stopping by Becki.

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    New follower here. I am a rather new blogger and don't usually receive a lot of books compared to some of the IMM links! I like the comments on your IMM it made it more personal.
    Brittany
    My IMM: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/in-my-mailbox-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a new blogger too, my blog is a baby - two weeks old. :)
      Thanks for following and stopping by. :)

      Delete
  6. nice haul! love the fairy tales book im interested in check out that one. feel free to check out mine...
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/in-my-mailbox-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my IMM! I've been seeing the new edition of Grimm's a lot this week, excited to check it out. Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather, I'm also excited to read it. :)

      Delete
  8. I need to check out that Philip Pullman book. He is amazing. Thanks for checking out my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not agree more. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  9. I Love the way you're doing your IMM with your comments/thoughts on the books! You're right! You have a lot of reads that I've never heard of so that's a neat little thing to do!


    Here's
    My IMM


    Feel free to check it out if you'd like - also stop by and check out the open giveaways going on right now :)

    ~Kayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First two IMMs were without the comment and all most people could say was: I did not hear about any of there book before. So I added a little bit of explanation why I picked them :D
      Thanks for stopping by. I will definitely check out your blog.

      Delete
  10. The Grimm Brothers would be a great Halloween read. Hope you have a happy reading:D *New follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I plan to read them for Halloween. :D Thanks for stopping by and following. :)

      Delete
  11. Lichgates sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy it.
    Happy reading and have a great week!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Pullman book looks great! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I am starting to read it as soon as I finish the current book I am reading. Maybe even today. So excited. :)
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images