Waiting On Wednesday: Defy by Sara B. Larson

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday Defy by Sara B. Larson

Each Wednesday, Jill from Breaking The Spine helps us share, discover and rave about books that we can't wait to read. And if you can't recognize the cover snippet above, the book I am waiting on this Wednesday is...


Book Cover Defy by Sara B. Larson

Defy (Defy #1) by Sara B. Larson
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Publication Date: January 7, 2014
Publisher: Scholastic Press
GoodreadsAmazonAuthor's Blog

Summary:

A lush and gorgeously written debut, packed with action, intrigue, and a thrilling love triangle.

Alexa Hollen is a fighter. Forced to disguise herself as a boy and serve in the king's army, Alex uses her quick wit and fierce sword-fighting skills to earn a spot on the elite prince's guard. But when a powerful sorcerer sneaks into the palace in the dead of night, even Alex, who is virtually unbeatable, can't prevent him from abducting her, her fellow guard and friend Rylan, and Prince Damian, taking them through the treacherous wilds of the jungle and deep into enemy territory.

The longer Alex is held captive with both Rylan and the prince, the more she realizes that she is not the only one who has been keeping dangerous secrets. And suddenly, after her own secret is revealed, Alex finds herself confronted with two men vying for her heart: the safe and steady Rylan, who has always cared for her, and the dark, intriguing Damian. With hidden foes lurking around every corner, is Alex strong enough to save herself and the kingdom she's sworn to protect?

~ taken from Goodreads

Why Am I Waiting On Defy by Sara B. Larson?

  1. YA Fantasy is my favorite young adult genre.
  2. Girls masquerading as boys are one of my favorite plot elements.
  3. Alexa sounds like my favorite type of heroine: kick-ass.
  4. Because of all of the above I am willing to forgive the love triangle. After all there are always exceptions. Just remember how awesome Throne of Glass was.

So, those are my reasons why I am waiting on Defy. What are yours? Did you hear about Defy before? Will you read it? What are you waiting for?

Feel free to leave links in comments.

You Might Also Like

37 comments

  1. I haven't seen this one before but it sounds really interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found out about it yesterday but I am already excited. :)

      Delete
  2. I've not heard of this before, but it does sound pretty interesting! Great pick :) I will have to look more into this.

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I had something new to share. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. Yessss. Also waiting on this. I'll probably showcase it eventually. Loving that cover :D

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least our wow's today are not the same lol. And yes I love the cover too. I forgot to add that to the list. :)

      Delete
  4. First time for me seeing this one but this is definitely going on my read list. Though I love the plot element of girls masqurerading as boys as well, I'm rather interested in what secrets Rylan and Damian have. Besides their love for Alexa.
    PS: the name Damian makes me think of the character in Franklin & Bash played by Reed Diamond, thus causes me to giggle like the nerdy girl that I am.
    Come check out my WoW post here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those secrets do sound intriguing. :)
      And to respond to your PS, giggle away. We nerds got to have our amusements. I haven't watched Franklin & Bash yet but it sounds interesting.

      Delete
  5. WOW This sounds amazing. I haven't heard of this one before but I love YA fantasy and not to mention kick-ass characters. Great pick Dragana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah as soon as I saw it I knew I had to make it my wow. Not many of my GR friends had it on their shelves. I had to correct that mistake. :D

      Delete
  6. Same reasons, I'll add it on my wishlist asap, thank you so much for sharing it. And I can forgive the love triangle also, because it sounds so awesome, and I love that cover, too :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope it turns out as good as it sounds. :)

      Delete
  7. I haven't heard of this one. It sounds like it could be really good and I like the cover too. Hopefully the triangle is done well haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe I haven't heard of this book before! High fantasy is one of my favorite genres and girl disguised as boy serving in king's army sounds great! I hope the love triangle will be done right and won't ruin the whole story. Thank you for sharing, I'll definitely add it on my tbr list!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High fantasy is my favorite genre too. :) And we share the same hopes about the love triangle, I hope we will not be disappointed.

      Delete
  9. i love reading YA fantasy books too so i'm super excited for defy! have you read melina marchetta's lumatere chronicle series yet? they're my favorite YA fantasy.

    hope you can stop by my WoW.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I read and loved Cinder and I simply adore Scarlet. It was even better. One of my favorite books in 2013. Although I think of them more like ya scifi.
      If I had to pick favorite ya fantasy I would probably go with Graceling and Seraphina. :)

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of this. I will look into it.

    Check out our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds interesting. I like the cover too. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-69-snow-in-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds amazing! :) Definitely adding it to my TBR. Thanks for sharing! :D

    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I'm glad to hear I helped a little to improve the quantity of your tbr. ;)

      Delete
  13. This looks super badass!

    Thanks for sharing (:

    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this sounds fantastic! Thank you for sharing because I hadn't heard of it before. Great pick!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always glad to help another bookworm discover new books to be excited about. ;)

      Delete
  15. Great Pic! I just saw this the other day and thought it sounded pretty amazing! And I agree with all your points- Alexa sounds fabulous new heroine !

    Kim @ Book Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also recently found out about this book and I knew I had to make it my WOW right away. You can never have enough of strong heroines. :)

      Delete
  16. Needneedneed! I requested an ARC a few months ago - they said they'd send me one closer to the release date! Eep! I hope it is as awesome as it looks and sounds :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get an ARC soon. I will be looking forward to hear what you thought when you read it. :)

      Delete
  17. Fantasy can be a hit or miss for me but I also love girls masquerading as boys! LOL And kick butt characters. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this one turns out to be the way you like it (if you ever have a chance to read it). :)

      Delete
  18. Hadn't heard of this one before, but I think you've convinced me to put it on my TBR pile. :)

    -Jess

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear my convincing skills are working well. :)

      Delete
  19. I adore YA fantasy too, and goodness, what a gorgeous cover. Of course I won't be able to resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope summary and cover are not a screensaver for a bad book. ;)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images